Thursday, January 27, 2011

Meet the NGP


Sony has just announced the rumored PSP2, and surprisingly they aren't calling it PSP2 as most thought they would. The specifications on this thing are pretty ambitious though, it has a 5-inch OLED multi-touch touchscreen (as rumored), dual analog controls, front and rear-facing cameras, and in strange twist of events, also has a touchpad on the rear of the device. It's also worth noting that unlike the current PSP, it will not be sporting any kind of UMD drive, as they've decide to use a flash based storage method this time around. Other items interest include a gyroscope, GPS, and 3G.

This seems like a pretty interesting spec list, and it should be interesting to see what developers can do with it once they get it in their hands. I can't wait to get my hands on it myself, lets hope it plays as good as it looks.

As for a price, currently no price or exact release date has been nailed down, only a vague "Holiday season in Japan". If had to hazard a guess at a price though, I'd put it in the ballpark of 300-350 dollars, but I really hope it doesn't end up costing more than that.

For a more complete list of NGP specs I'd recommend reading Joystiq's post on it, as it goes quite a bit more in-depth. I'll put the link at the bottom of the post for your perusal.

(complete list of NGP specs)

No comments:

Post a Comment